Route and timetable changes 29 April 2019
April 17th, 2019
Service changes from Monday 29 April 2019.
- The 0820 route 8 from Swadlincote will commence in Winshill at 0843 as a route 3 on Monday to Friday
- An additional journey will be introduced on route 3 from New Street to Winshill at 0835 on Monday to Friday.
- Afternoon journeys on route 3 will no longer serve Stretton, alternative journeys are available on route 1S.
- The route 8 departure from Burton at 1405 will terminate at Swadlincote instead of Goseley Estate. The current departure at 1449 from Goseley Estate will start in Swadlincote at 1500.
- The departure from Burton at 1440 will run on schooldays as well as school holidays.
- A Saturday service will be re-introduced running from Burton at 1010 and hourly until 1510 with the corresponding return journeys from Midway to Burton via Newhall and Stanton.
- The 0925 departure is retimed to depart at 0930.
- Journeys on route 19S will no longer be operated.
- Route 19B will operate along the same route as a normal route 19 between Newhall and Ashby de la Zouch and will not serve Moira.
- Saturday service revised to generally mirror the weekday service.
- Worthington Road, Fradley South will only be served by school buses. Remainder of journeys (including departure time from Lichfield) retimed as a consequence.
- The departure at 0925 from Barton to Burton is retimed to depart at 0930.
- The departure from Lichfield at 1455 is retimed to depart at 1420 (in the hourly pattern) providing an additional departure from Barton, The Green to Burton at 1503. Additional journeys at 1510 from Burton to Barton under Needwood and the 1538 Barton under Needwood to Burton are introduced (the 1538 departure will carry JT schoolchildren on schooldays).
- The departures at 1710 and 1810 from Lichfield to Burton will run normal line of route from Lichfield and no longer serve the circular route in Lichfield.
- Routes revised to maintain reliability with both routes no longer serving Valley Lane instead running along Trent Valley Road between Eastern Avenue and Church Street.
- An improved half hourly timetable will be introduced in both directions between Burton and Lichfield along with extra journeys introduced in the afternoon.
- The Lichfield to Sutton Coldfield section of route will be withdrawn. A replacement bus service – the X3 will be introduced from National Express West Midlands on 28 April 2019 running up to every 30 minutes daytime Monday to Saturday and up to every 60 minutes on Sundays between Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield, Erdington and Birmingham. X3 will provide connections at Lichfield with X12 on Monday to Saturday. For more details on X3 call 0121 254 7272.
Route 807 : Beacon to John Taylor
- The 1545 departure from John Taylor School is retimed to run at 1600
Midland Classic’s fares have not increased for more than 12 months. Due to rising costs we have been forced to make changes to a number of fares with most single fares increased by 10p, some multi-journey ticket prices will also be revised and continue to offer great value for money:
- Burton Routemaster: Adult £3.70 > Child £2.50 – Burton Local Area after 9am Mon-Fri and anytime Saturday and Sunday
- Adult Classic Day: £4.30 > Child Classic Day: £2.90
- Adult Classic Day+: £5.50 > Child Classic Day+: £3.60
- Adult Classic Week: £16.50 > Child Classic Week £12
- Adult Classic 4-Week: £55 > Child Classic 4-Week £40
- Student Week £12 > Student 4-Week £40
- 60+ Concessionary Travel Passes accepted – usual conditions apply